Webcast presentation on Thursday, April 6th, 2017 @ 11:30am ET
In 2016, the European Union (EU) approved new harmonized privacy regulations, known as the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The GDPR will impose greater obligations on companies established in the EU or who target or monitor European data subjects. Non-compliance with these regulations may incur penalties of up to 5% of a company’s annual worldwide revenue. The GDPR will become enforceable in May 2018; therefore, it is vital for businesses to start preparing now.
What you’ll learn in the presentation:
- Goals and general principles of the GDPR
- Material and Territorial Scope of the GDPR
- New Data Subject Rights under the GDPR
- Controller and Processor obligations under the GDPR
- Consequences of non-compliance under the GDPR